Date:      Tue, 17 Jun 2003 15:09:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Gareth Hughes <gareth@nvidia.com>
Cc:        Andy Ritger <ARitger@nvidia.com>
Subject:   RE: NVIDIA and TLS

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Gareth Hughes wrote:

> Terry Lambert wrote:

[a lot of stuff]

Gareth, thanks for puting up with us and showing considerable patience.
I think we can make an 'efficient (though possibly not quite the 1
instruction possible in a static linked linux binary) __thread
implimentation.

We can possibly do 1 instruction in the 1:1 library but that would leave
binary compatibility with the other libraries out the window.

I think that it is a pitty that the openGL ABI doesn't carry around a
'context' argument on all calls but it's not going to change and
we have to use what is there.

Julian