Date:      Fri, 24 Sep 1999 13:01:46 -0000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
To:        "Charles Martin" <i_am_charles@yahoo.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: PPP works and is great! -- but it stalls after awhile

Firstly look at /var/logs/ppp.log to see if any clues there about whats
happening.
If its a timeout problem like mine was, try dialling with "ppp -ddial <ISP>"
when I finally figured that switch out (after lots of help from contributors
to this
list) I got my BSD gateway to stay connected virtually indefinitely.
Apparently the
"-ddial" switch tells ppp to ignore any timeout settings