Date:      Mon, 23 Feb 1998 10:09:16 -0500 (EST)
From:      BEAUPRE Antoine <beaupran@JSP.UMontreal.CA>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Installing packages from DOS partition = problem...

Hi!

I just installed FreeBSD, on my little PC... after a lot of research
and hard work! (I had problems with partitionning the FAT32 partition from
win95...) anyway, it's done and I'm more than happy.
I've got just a little problem... I can't install ANY of the packages I've
downloaded via FTP. The packages are stored on a DOS primary partition
(C:), but the configuration program doesn't seem to find them After
correcting the errors in the filenames due to that damn 8 char limitation
on DOS, it couldn't work either!!! I've tried everything! (that is:
putting the package dir  straight at the root of my C: drive, copying the
packages directly into the /usr/ports/distfiles/ directory, etc...). The
program is always telling me: "Unable to fetch from selected Media. Please
(...)". When I try to "make install": same result.

 What the heck is happening????

Help me please!
|  Free the world from businessmen  |
|   Free yourself from your money   |