Date:      Sat, 17 Jun 2000 04:34:46 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Martin Morales <mmorales@hermosillo.gob.mx>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Firewalls

On Thu, Jun 15, 2000 at 02:12:10PM -0700, Martin Morales wrote:
> PLEASE HELP ME

First of all, do not post the same letter or slight variations of it,
more than once.  The odds of someone helping you out are lessened with
each repetition of the same posting, not necessarily in a linear manner.

> Hi, I have a net 172.16.x.x.  My router,named and Firewall are in
> FreeBSD 3.4(172.16.30.2).  When one user from 172.16.30.x out to
> internet, ipfw rules working ok.  But when one user from 172.16.48.x
> via router(172.16.30.1) out to Internet, they can't do it.  What rules
> on my IPFW are missing?  What can i do?.

Without seeing the actual ipfw rules, it's kind of hard to tell if there
is a problem with your ipfw setup.  However this does not seem like a
problem with ipfw.  Did you enable packet forwarding in your FreeBSD
router?  You have to enable it by running:

	# sysctl -w net.inet.ip.forwarding=1

To make the change persist across reboots, remember to edit your
/etc/rc.conf file and add the line:

	gateway_enable="YES"

Oh, and try to wrap your lines at 72 characters or so.
Please?

--
Giorgos Keramidas, < keramida @ ceid . upatras . gr >
For my public key: finger keramida@ceid.upatras.gr