Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 2000 10:50:46 -0400
From:      "Andresen,Jason R." <jandrese@mitre.org>
To:        hyghlander@mindspring.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Firewalling for PPP Connections

hyghlander@mindspring.com wrote:

> Folks:
>
> I've never been the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I was a little > confused about the reference to a network card in > http://www.freebsd.org/tutorials/dialup-firewall/rules.html.   For my > PPP interface, I'm going out via tun0 to a modem on  a serial port.  To > the best of my knowledge there's no network card in the machine.

Um, if the machine has no network attached to it, why are you setting up
the box to be a firewall?  A firewall is supposed to sit between the
internet and your internal network, but you appear to have not internal
network, so the firewall seems kind of useless.  Are you sure you don't
just want to configure PPP and not bother with the firewall at all?

--
  / \/ \  | ||_ _||  _ \|___| | Jason Andresen -- jandrese@mitre.org