Date:      Tue, 10 Apr 2012 21:17:15 +0200
From:      Olivier Duchateau <duchateau.olivier@gmail.com>
To:        miwi@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-xfce@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.10

2012/4/11 Martin Wilke <miwi@freebsd.org>:
> Hi,
>
> Is someone already working on the new version?

Yes, I'm working, und running the first preview of Xfce 4.10.

I've noted some issues, especially with XDM and new xinitrc script
provides by xfce4-session (I think it's due to consolekit). I kept old
xinitrc script from 4.8, otherwise session doesn't start.

Most panel plugins must be patched, because libxfce4gui is obsolete
replaced by libxfce4ui (in ports tree, x11/libxfce4menu). Patches
already exist  in bugzilla and git repository.

x11-themes/gtk-xfce-engine now supports Gtk2 and Gtk3 (tested with my
Midori's port).

Despite some bugs, my xsession-errors file is empty.

I also use Ristretto development (branch 0.5.x).