Date:      4 Jul 1997 08:22:05 GMT
From:      nnd@itfs.nsk.su
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Any luck with BSDI's communicator 4.0b6?

Андрей Чернов <ache@nagual.pp.ru> wrote:
> On 3 Jul 1997 nnd@itfs.nsk.su wrote:

> > 1) Why do you use linux1 version ? (I try linux2.0 and it seems
> >    to work here)
> > 2) Does linux1 version have problems with libnullplugin.so ?
> >    (my linux2.0 version says that it can not load this library)

> It is why. linux1 not say anything about libnullplugin.so

	Yes, because there is NO libnullplugin.so in *-linux1.2*
communicator ;-)

> Maybe we can add libnullplugin.so to linux_lib instead,
> but better ask linux_lib maintainer. I am not expert in linux area.

	As I can see 'libnullplugin.so' from *-linux2.0*
communicator contains references to 'libXm.so.1.2' i.e. it
requires Motif-1.2 for Linux.

	So now we can not use Netscape plugin's with either
of *linux* communicators. Since *linux1.2* distribution is
smaller (does'nt contains dynamically loaded without Motiff
version) your port is the right one :-(

	N.Dudorov