Date:      Fri, 10 Sep 1999 03:22:15 GMT
From:      "lachlan kanaley" <dunaedain@hotmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   unable to create disk labels when installing

hello

im trying to install FreeBSD, however when i try to make the slices for the
/ partitions it gives the error message :

"This region cannot be used for your root partitions as the FreeBSD code
cannont deal with the root partition created in that location.  Please
choose a smaller size or a different location for your root partition."

and when i try to create a /usr:

"unable to create the partition.  Too Big?"

the drive is a 3.2 GB drive using LBA in bios and I know it works, i can
install RedHAt Linux 6 on it.

the partitions are divided as follows.

78M --> Dos
2898M --> FreeBSD --> to be divided for the / and /usr
102M --> FreeBSD --> to be used as swap space

thanks

pls. send replies to me as im not a member of this newsgroup

lachlan