Date:      Mon, 28 May 2012 11:06:45 -0500
From:      Mark Felder <feld@feld.me>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't get irc/inspircd to build, any clues?

I'm currently the maintainer and it works on the machines I run it on. I
also pushed it through redports to prove it can compile on 7.4, 8.x, 9,
CLANG, etc.

It looks like BSDMakefile is generated during the build process. I'm
guessing something on your system is screwed up if it can't generate it.

Things to try:

-delete /usr/src
-delete /var/db/sub/ports-all
-re-fetch ports via csup
-install sysutils/bsdadminscripts, run pkg_libchk and fix any issues there
-try building again
-perhaps its an issue with your shell? have any strange aliases or
configuration?