Date:      Mon, 11 Sep 1995 18:10:05 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        pst@shockwave.com (Paul Traina)
Cc:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>, ugen@latte.worldbank.org, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: dset & userconfig

> >It has been tested on what I have to hand; to wit, one FreeBSD machine.
> >I don't have an asr33 anymore; and my LA120 is making some small fish
> >very happy.  _minimal_ ANSI is required/
>
> OK, I have a bug report to file.
>
> BUG: new userconfig() assumes a minimal ANSI terminal.
>
> FIX: make it work on a glass tty or ASR-33.   Not all the world is ANSI!!! :-

This was hardly unknown at the start, and I was the one who told
Michael to feel free in assuming ANSI as a minimum price of entry.
However, it was perhaps the wrong decision to make this interface the
*only* one and I am talking now with Michael about making the entire
visual interface a command available from the wretched, inferior, ugly
CLI interface we have now.  I may even go a few steps towards
improving that CLI, like adding wildcarding to `disable' and other
such creature comforts.

Would that make you happ(y|ier)?

					Jordan