Date:      Thu, 23 Mar 2000 20:07:42 -0500
From:      Barry Tigner <tigner@pilot.msu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   wdm , freebsd 4.0 release, X, xdm

I have downloaded and installed the released version of FreeBSD 4.0. I
did
the standard install and installed X11 , and wdm.

When I try to start wdm as root, wdm shows up in ps -aux twice, and X
does
not start.

If I start X manually , then start wdm, it works ok. I figure there must
be a
problem with a config file somewhere, or maybe permissions on a file.
I had
this working fine with 3.4, but I have forgotten how I did it.

Does anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong ?

Barry Tigner
tigner@pilot.msu.edu