Date:      Mon, 17 Apr 1995 23:39:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@ref.tfs.com>
To:        chitra@CS.SunySB.EDU (Chitra Venkatramani)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: help with timeouts

> Hi!
> I am developing a token bus protocol in the FreeBSD network
> interrupt handler. For the
> token recovery algorithm that I have, I need to set microsecond
> timeouts (they could be off by upto 500 u_sec and still serve my purpose).
> As things are now, I can only set timeouts in multiples of 10 millisec.
> Can you please tell me how I can implement u_sec timeouts ?
> Any help will be much appreciated.

There is already code that 'turns up' the system clock frequency
(I believe the pc-audio code to be exact) to (I think) 10KHz
so you could do similar and get 100uSec time,
but the question is:
do you want to be doing other things while waiting for this timeout,
or just spinning awaiting it's completion?

julian