Date:      Mon, 6 Jan 1997 15:47:20 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, mrcpu@cdsnet.net, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pib comments.

> > I suggest that the Makefiles are a cache already (just a bad one 8), so
> > the matter is one of degree, not principle. 8)
>
> Isn't that's sort of like saying "the haystack is the storage area for
> the needle, so the difficulty in finding it is simply a matter of
> degree, not principle." :-)

Knowing there is a needle in the first place lets you decide to go
get the auto-wrecker-crane electro magnet and squash the small
problem with a large sledge-hammer.

Just move the haystack outside first, or all the nails in your barn
won't be in your barn any more.

;-).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org