Date:      Thu, 04 Mar 1999 19:23:18 -0800
From:      Ludwig Pummer <ludwigp@bigfoot.com>
To:        Spidey <beaupran@jsp.umontreal.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 3.0-stable cvsup tag

At 07:18 PM 3/4/99 , Spidey wrote:
>Hum... No. I'm from 3.0-rel.
>
>Is there anything else I should do?
>
>This should **really** be documented in the handbook. How come isn't
>already there? (sorry for the bad english)

Um... I thought the mail said you/he was tracking RELENG_2_2 until now.

If at bootup you get bootloader messages beginning with "BTX", then you've
got the new, required bootblocks for an ELF kernel. If you don't then, you
should probably take a look at http://www.freebsd.org/~rnordier/boot.txt

I'm afraid I can't offer any more help, as I went from 2.2.8-R straight to
3.0-S via the make aout-to-elf route and subsequent make worlds.

--Ludwig Pummer ( ludwigp@bigfoot.com ) ICQ UIN: 692441