Date:      Thu, 09 Oct 2008 21:39:51 -0500
From:      Paul Schmehl <pauls@utdallas.edu>
To:        Grant Peel <gpeel@thenetnow.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Re Apache + Mailman

--==========56D8E92332DE0197897C==========

--On October 9, 2008 9:02:20 PM -0500 Grant Peel <gpeel@thenetnow.com>=20
wrote:

> Cool Paul,
>
> How about the rest of these:
>
> '--prefix=3D/home/mailman'
> '--with-username=3Dmailman'
> '--with-mail-gid=3Dmailman'
> '--with-cgi-gid=3Dmailman'

You can do it that way, but the port has an OPTION for Postfix that will=20
set mail-gid to mailman and username is set to mailman by default.  So the =

only one you really need to set is cgi-gid, which is www by default.

I used to use /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf to define those values to keep=20
from having to remember them on the commandline every time I portupgraded=20
mailman, but that hasn't been necessary in a while.

> And do you think it would make a difference to the cookies issue I am
> having?

I'm not sure, but as a port maintainer, I can tell you that a great deal=20
of effort goes into ensuring that the ports work as expected.  They are=20
thoroughly tested, and the committers are very conscientious about getting =

errors fixed before the ports are committed.

I would deinstall what you have, install the port and then see if the=20
issue still remains.  If it does, we can work on figuring out what the=20
problem is at that point.

Paul Schmehl (pauls@utdallas.edu)
Senior Information Security Analyst
The University of Texas at Dallas