Date:      Sun, 27 Aug 2000 01:26:57 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <fran@reyes.somos.net>
To:        "FreeBSd Chat list" <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Future of Applixware on FreeBSD?

Anyone cares to share thoughts on the future of Applix on
FreeBSD?
I am waiting for a machine which am going to dedicate as my
primary desktop running FreeBSD.
I like what I read on the Applix site about functionality,
however I am a little concerned after reading the description of
Applix's rebirth as VistaSource. They talk about "Linux and
Unix". They could have said "Unix like" operating systems or
Unix derived systems..but instead they chose to have "Linux and
Unix"

Anyway, I just want any random thoughts of what people think is
the future of Applix for FreeBSD before I fork the $99.

Moreover, any rumors when version 5 will make it to FreeBSD?
FreeBSDMall says september, but the first release was
re-schedule numerous times.

How come FreeBSD Inc, or now BSDI, have not talked to Metrolink
and Applixare to have a FreeBSD Office distribution?

francisco
Moderator of the Corporate BSD list
http://www.egroups.com/group/BSD_Corporate