Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 2006 15:58:48 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
Cc:        Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: scripting languages...

On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 01:15:34AM +0300, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> On 2006-04-27 14:48, Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 06:10:43AM +0300, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> > > Don't you really mean ``C#'' by writing ``ch''?
> >
> > The only thing I recall reading about C# is that it was
> > a DOS/Win C++ ish language.  ch is a C/C++ scripting language
> > that is like /bin/sh only with C syntax.    Some C wizards
> > created a perl regex library for ch; thus my question.
>
> I've never heard of `ch'.  I know what `C#' is, what `csh' is, what
> `sh', `ksh', `zsh' and several other shells are.  I don't know what `ch'
> is though :-/

	softintegration.com developed it; it's partly free.
	Mostly for prototyping I think.  Beyond that, dunno.

> > The fact that perl is everywhere is in its favor; perl
> > gurus can deal with argc/argv in their *sleep*.  I can't;
> > but it might interest you that many years ago I ported
> > perl from the Sun-3 to an IBM AIX 3090 (with all 6 CPU's).
> > Worked fine.
>
> HEH!  That must have been fun :)

	:-) Yeh, that's putting it mildly, since AIX had Zero
	graphics 16, 17 years ago.  The 3090  was about the
	size of a garbage truck!  I ported tons of stuff to
	that beast....

--
   Gary Kline     kline@thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix