Date:      Mon, 27 Sep 1999 08:17:24 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Anil Jangity <aj@entic.net>
To:        Homer at BT Labs <ispyropo@jungle.bt.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: About Cyclom-Ye SM8 Board on FreeBSD3.2

I don't think that model is a PnP so you have to pass some additional
information to the kernel instead of just saying "device cy0".

Take a look at the documentation that comes with the driver. You can grab
the latest FreeBSD3.x driver from:
ftp://ftp.cyclades.com/pub/cyclades/cyclom-y/freebsd/

There is no dir for 3.2 but the 3.0 version SHOULD work also.

On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, Homer at BT Labs wrote:

|Hello!
| My name is Yiannis Spyropoulos and I 'm working at BT Labs, Martlesham
|Heath
|England. Part of my present project is to use a Cyclom-Ye SM8 Serial
|Ports Board
|on a FreeBSD3.2 machine. To do so,  I found out at the LINT
|configuration file that
|FreeBSD 3.2 supports this kind of board by enabling the 'device cy0'
|line and creating the devices ttyc0 and cuac0 under the /dev directory.
|However, after compiling and installing the new kernel, I rebooted the
|machine,  only to discover that the booting sequence stalled after  the
|hardware probing. Do you know if it is a drivers' bug, or it is
|something I'm doing wrong?
|I would appreciate your help very much,
|
|Yiannis

|with "unsubscribe freebsd-net" in the body of the message

Kind regards,

Anil Jangity

aj@entic.net
Network Operations &
Customer Service
http://www.entic.net

"Work like you don't need money, love like you've never been hurt, and
dance like no one's watching."