Date:      Fri, 23 Apr 1999 14:58:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tom <tom@uniserve.com>
To:        Jeffrey Vehrs <70673.3111@compuserve.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: reboot by itself??!!

On Fri, 23 Apr 1999, Jeffrey Vehrs wrote:

> Just this morning, I was carrying the laundry basket to the basement. And, I
> noticed that my machine just almost finished with rebooting. I was so
> surprised to see this. It has been up and running for 30 days!! What caused
> it to reboot??!!
>
> Here's my info on machine:
>
> Dell GLX 5133 (133Mhz w/ 24Mb Ram)
> 1.2Gb HD
> FreeBSD 2.2.8-STABLE
>
> Thanks in advance.

  Well, that is a lot of RAM for a washing machine.  I also didn't know
Dell made washing machines, or that FreeBSD ran on washing machines.  I
know there is "FreeBSD/i386" and "FreeBSD/alpha", so I guess you must have
"FreeBSD/laundry"?

  Anyhow, go over to the console of your washing machine, and check
/var/log/messages and the output of "dmesg" and see if there are any
messages.

> Jeff

Tom