Date:      Fri, 10 Aug 2012 13:59:12 +0100
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz_lst@tdx.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 9.0-R em0 issues? - update...

The last time it hung, 'netstat -n -i' showed:

"
Name    Mtu Network       Address              Ipkts Ierrs Idrop    Opkts
Oerrs  Coll
em0    1500 <Link#5>      00:25:90:31:82:46 355482 10612864185945     0
291109 3032246910270 1516123455135
"

That's from about 30 seconds after the interface 'stopped' - that number of
ierrs/oerrs etc. - is just impossible for the traffic the machine handles,
it looks like it's corrupt?

Having dug around some more - I've now set:

  hw.em.enable_msix=0

After rebooting - the hang hasn't happened since - I'll leave it running
like that for a while.

If anyone can suggest anything to run when / if this happens again to track
things down further - or any reason why it's doing it, that'd be great..

-Karl

ps. Should have said before but the machine is running an amd64 kernel.