Date:      Wed, 22 Feb 1995 13:14:23 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Alok K. Dhir" <adhir@bigdipper.umd.edu>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@ref.tfs.com>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ATTENTION

On Thu, 16 Feb 1995, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> > > Expect the FreeBSD to be seriously broken for some time now.
> > > We will be integrating the new disk-slice stuff now.
> >
> > Can you clarify this a little?  The FreeBSD.... What?  All of FreeBSD?
> > I've never heard FreeBSD referred to as "the FreeBSD" before..! :-)
>
> "FreeBSD the one and only" of course! :-)
>
> Sorry, I meant FreeBSD-current...

So you're saying that supping/make-worlding will result in an unusable
system?  What can I expect to be broken (I've had a make world going for
about 6 hours now and it will be complete in a couple more.  I supped
right before that (Early morning Feb 22)...

Please tell me I'm safe :-0!  BTW - the box has two SCSI disks, all
FreeBSD, no other OSs.  Could this mean that I won't be afected by the
slice changes (please say yes)!?

 | Al Dhir, Programmer Analyst        /___\    UMCP Ag-Engineering Dept    |
 | Internet: adhir@bigdipper.umd.edu  (o o)    (301) 405-1197              |