Date:      Fri, 29 Nov 2002 10:02:45 -0700
From:      Fixer Corp <service@fixer.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   El Torito

I just pruchased FreeBSD 4.7.  It requires a CDROM with El Torito
support.  My computer was purchased in 1998 and the owners manual does
not say anything about El Torito.  When I upgraded to FreeBSD 4.0, it
did not support my Sony CDROM, so I bought an ATAPI CDROM.

There is no way I'm purchasing a new computer so I can run version 4.7.

If you know of any workarounds.  Please let me know.

Bruce Meehl
bruce@fixer.com