Date:      Fri, 27 Aug 1999 13:29:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.runet.edu>
To:        Glenn Johnson <gljohns@bellsouth.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gnome does not work

Hi,

On Fri, 27 Aug 1999, Glenn Johnson wrote:

> Is there any chance of the gnome stuff ever working under FreeBSD?
> Just about every gnome app does a core dump. Has anyone out there had
> any success running gnome with FreeBSD?

I tried Gnome for a _very_ short bit back when I upgraded one of my
machines to 3.0 (when it was 3.0-RELEASE, so it's been awhile).  The only
real app I tried was Electric Eyes and it worked fine.  I finally killed
all the Gnome stuff though as it was just, to me, 10,000 dependencies to
get apps that usually had not much more functionality than another
available app (ie, in my case xv).

If you give more specifics about problems and the particular applications
that fail, someone might be able to provide more help.

Brett