Date:      Thu, 04 Nov 1999 08:36:45 +0100
From:      Joachim Strombergson <Joachim.Strombergson@emw.ericsson.se>
To:        freebsd-smp <freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Good SMP Motherboards

Tja!

On 03-Nov-99 Bruce Albrecht wrote:
>  I'm looking for a good SMP motherboard for $150 or less.  Any
>  recommendations?  If I want also onboard SCSI, what's a good, cheap MB
>  run?

I don't know how much they cost in the US, but when I bought my ABIT BP6
in June/July this summer I paid approx 160 USD for it. The board is a
PPGA370 board for Celerons. I use two Celery 366:s on it and get a rock
stable system @ 467MHz. I really like the extensive settings of the BIOS
that includes temp watch, individual voltage control and fan control.

I haven't done any comparison with other systems,  I just appreciate how
much faster it is compared to my old, P133 system. :-)

BTW: Has aybody done any FreeBSD-SMP system rating? What would be good
benchmarks?

(Yes, I'm aware that there are quite a few factors involved - clock
speed, mem speed, I/O, good MB design, OS setup Und So Weiter...)

--
Med vänlig hälsning, Yours

Joachim Strömbergson - Alltid i harmonisk svängning
---------------- Ericsson Microwave Systems AB -----------------
Joachim Strömbergson            http://www.ericsson.se/microwave
     ASIC System on Silicon engineer, nice to CUTE animals.
* Opinions above, expressed or implicit, are strictly personal *
------------- Spamfodder: regeringen@regeringen.se -------------