Date:      Mon, 02 Jun 1997 11:23:28 -0500
From:      Nathan Schuler <nschuler@sparrow.sanasys.com>
To:        sdlii@lucent.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Floppies?

>I just purchased FreeBSD 2.1.6 from Walnut Creek. Read the install
>last night. Noticed you can make boot floppies. But, before I wipe
>out my PC, I would like to install on a laptop I have. 486dx w/200
>meg of disk. It only has a floppy at this time(no cdrom or network card).
>Can I make a floppy distribution from cdrom? I have 100 or so floppies
>and no life, so I can take all night to install them. I know this is
>strange, I will eventually get a network card and a decent desktop
>machine to install on, I just want to start now.

Yes you can do this.  It is detailed in the INSTALL.txt file on the CD.
Basically you create a directory on the floppy of the dirtrobution, say
/bin.  Then copy the install file(s) onto it, say bin.aa.

Nathan Schuler <nschuler@sanasys.com>
UNIX Netwoking Solutions / Systems Administrator
Sana Systems Inc.
Clinton, IA 52732
(319) 242-5770