Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 2000 10:04:48 -0500
From:      Jonathan Fosburgh <fosburgh@flash.net>
To:        p5 <p5@usa.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installing kmail

p5 wrote:

> I am trying to get kmail-1.0.29.2 to install on my freebsd wks. I am
> currently using windowmaker. I was told to install the devel-libs, which I
> believe they are.
>
> This is what I have installed:
> kdebase-1.1.2 Base modules for the KDE integrated X11 desktop
> kdebase-i18n-1.1.2 Base modules for the KDE integrated X11 desktop
> kdelibs-1.1.2.1 Support libraries for the KDE integrated X11 desktop
> kdelibs-i18n-1.1.2 Support libraries for the KDE integrated X11 desktop
> kdesupport-i18n-1.1.2 Mime and UUENCODE/DECODE libraries for the KDE
> integrated X1
> kdeutils-1.1.2 Utilities for the KDE integrated X11 desktop
>
> =this was installed via the updated ports
>
> This is the error I get when doing a ./configure
> checking for Qt... libraries /usr/X11R6/lib, headers
> /usr/X11R6/include/X11/qt
> checking if Qt compiles without flags... yes
> checking for moc... /usr/X11R6/bin/moc
> checking for extra includes... no
> checking for extra libs... no
> checking for rpath... yes
> checking for bool... yes
> checking for KDE... configure: error:
> in the prefix, you've chosen, are no KDE headers installed. This will fail.
> So, check this please and use another prefix!
>
> I can't get it to install so any suggestions/help
> will be great.
>

> Thanks

First of all, why do you have the regular and international versions of KDE installed? You only need one, and probably can only have on installed.

Next, KDE by default assumes a prefix of /usr/local/kde (I think) and so it will look there. You will need to specify a prefix of /usr/local instead.
--
Jonathan Fosburgh
Open Systems