Date:      Thu, 29 Apr 2004 21:20:51 +0100
From:      Dick Davies <rasputnik@hellooperator.net>
To:        Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@apropo.ro>
Cc:        Jason Williams <jwilliams@courtesymortgage.com>
Subject:   Re: failed php4 install...can't figure this one out

Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 09:22:38 -0700
> Jason Williams <jwilliams@courtesymortgage.com> wrote:
>

>>Hello everyone.
>>
>>I'm trying to setup a web server that will be running PHP, Apache and
>>mysql. The system will be running FreeBSD 4.9.
>>The system was going to be setup to run the following program:
>>
>>http://mailwatch.sourceforge.net/
>

> Unrelevant.

You mean 'irrelevant'.
Just thought I'd point out that you're coming across as aggressive
and arrogant here. Not sure you're aware of it.

He's just telling us what he's trying to do.

The OP is using a recent copy of ports and a dependency is missing,
apparently. He needs a fix, and installing jpeg will help him.
That's all he really needs to know, it might be worth someone asking
for more specifics later to check what went wrong
(the version of the port Makefile would seem sensible in this case).

>>I scanned through the config.log but did not see anything that stood out at me.

> We didn't see your config.log, you know.

If you wanted to see it you could ask.
In this case it's fairly obvious from the original post what the
problem is, and I'd personally rather not have a
kernel config posted everytime someone wants to know how to
change their prompt.

> http://www.lemis.com/questions.html

Read it before.
I wouldn't take this as a guideline on how to treat
newbies, or any other human beings.

This is supposed to be a help forum, save the attitude for
the advocacy lists....

Cheers