Date:      Fri, 27 Oct 1995 20:05:57 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        davidg@Root.COM
Cc:        nathan@netrail.net, jmb@kryten.atinc.com, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 100BaseT ethernet cards

> >On Fri, 27 Oct 1995, Rodney W. Grimes wrote:
> >
> >> I recommend the SMC 9332 board.  I sell them for $199.00, but am not
> >> really taking orders at this time due to a very serious overload
> >> condition :-(.
> >>
> >> I belive the FAQ has quite a list of the ``supported by if_de driver''
> >> 100BaseTx cards using the DEC DC21140 chip.
> >
> >I just ordered 2 SMC EtherLink 100/10 PCI cards for $169.95 is that the
                        ^^^^^^^^^
If you really meant ``EtherPower'' there then I agree it is most likely
the card, see my other reply.

> >same card or did I get one that will not work?
>
>    That's the card. You're getting an excellent price - it definately
> undercuts my single-unit cost (I deal in PC stuff occasionally, too, but
> not on the level that Rod does).

The $169.95 is a very good price, unless this happens to be the OEM
Bulk version (no drivers or manual), then it is just a competitive
price.  My price on that version is $175.00, but I generally don't
sell them that way unless you are infact buying bulk quantities.