Date:      Sun, 20 Jun 1999 22:45:51 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "James A. Mutter" <jmutter@netwalk.com>
To:        Michael Urban <murban@webzone.net>
Cc:        Tani Hosokawa <unknown@riverstyx.net>, Ludwig Pummer <ludwigp@bigfoot.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Nt outperforms Linux for web/file server?

:> You're also missing the fact that NT did kick Apache/Linux' ass in the
:> test, and would have done so regardless what kernel patches/Apache tweaks
:> were applied.  Fact is, Apache's not a high performance web server ..
:
:Um... What??
:
:Apache consistantly recieves very high marks on the fact that it is very fast,
:and very high performance. If Apache was not a high performance web server,
:then over half the web sites in the world would not be running it.

I've never seen anything that suggests Apache is a _fast_ web server.
What Apache is is (1) Free, (2) Reliable, and finally, (3)
Configurable as hell.  The above reasons are why most people run
Apache.  Speed has nothing to do with it.

FWIW:  I, and I suspect lots of others, would gladly trade speed for
reliability any day.