Date:      Thu, 1 Apr 2004 17:39:40 +0200
From:      Mickael Suzenne <m.suzenne@silog.fr>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   installing with "packages-4-stable"

Dear team,

I'm currently installing a new server from scratch with the 4.9-RELEASE
CDROM.
However, I would rather have to install the base system from the CDROM and
all the rest from FTP.

Ok, this would work very well (It's my 20th server I install by this way
:-), fine), but I would rather pick the packages from the "package-4-stable"
repository. Ok, that's right if I do "pkg_add -r
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/.../packages-4-stable/All/the_package.tgz" I will have
the right package and all its dependancies fetched from the right place. But
what if I (or an another sysadmin) do the install from sysinstall ? It would
fetch from 4.9-RELEASE !

Is there any solution for this ?

regards

Mike