Date:      Sun, 17 Aug 1997 22:28:00 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      robsch@robkaos.ruhr.de (Robert Schien)
To:        darrylo@sr.hp.com
Cc:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Quiet SCSI disk?

> Hi,
>
>      Can anyone recommend a decent, but QUIET, SCSI disk?  I'm currently
> using a 4GB Quantum Atlas (I, not II), and the "jet engine whine" coming
> from the drive is driving me crazy (and probably deaf, in one ear ;-).
>
>      Thanks,
>      -- Darryl Okahata
> 	Internet: darrylo@sr.hp.com

As far as I know IBM DCAS 4GB drives are quite quiet. I have this
information from the reputable german computer magazine c't.
They measure noise sound levels. The IBM drives are quite
cheap here in Germany. Unfortunately, the prices increased due
to the strong Greenback (or the weak Deutsche Mark) :-(

Robert