Date:      Thu, 21 Feb 2008 21:47:21 -0500
From:      "Martin Boulianne" <frzburn@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Clearchains wpi and apm/acpi

Hi,
I successfully installed wpi driver and it works great. I'm using acpi.
But my screen doesn't go off when I close the lid, and I read
that apm could do the trick. So I disabled acpi and enabled apm.

Woohoo! The screen shutdowns as predicted. BUT, the wpi driver
won't work anymore! I guess that it somehow depends on acpi.

Do you guys have seen anything alike? Is it possible to make wpi
work with apm?

I'm running 7.0-current i386, on a Dell Inspiron 6400.

Thanks!!

Martin Boulianne