Date:      Fri, 31 Jul 2009 18:25:20 -0700
From:      "David Christensen" <davidch@broadcom.com>
To:        "Steven Hartland" <killing@multiplay.co.uk>, DutchDaemon <freebsd@bengrimm.net>, "freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: kern/134658: [bce] bce driver fails on PowerEdge m610 blade.

> Anyone point me in the right direction on how to add the phy=20
> to support these machine?
>=20
> Seems like its just a matter of adding the PHY details to=20
> miidevs but how do I find out the specifics of that?

Sorry, this is the 5709S and I haven't had an opportunity to
implement this PHY yet.  Unfortunately it's more than just a
change to miidevs since the SerDes is actually an IEEE clause
45 compliant device (instead of the more common Clause 22=20
devices found in 1GbE controllers).  The registers are=20
diffrerent so the effort is more substantial.  No estimate
yet on when I can get to it. =20

Dave