Date:      Wed, 30 Jan 2002 11:54:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Anders Andersson <anders@hack.org>
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gnomedb-fe broken again?

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Anders Andersson wrote:

> Yesterday I did a portupgrade -fr libgda on my -CURRENT laptop but
> gnomedb-fe still refuses to run.
>
> [anders@sushi anders]$ ps auwx|grep gnomedb
> anders   554  3.5  2.0 14788 1980  p1  S+   10:08AM   0:00.21 gnomedb-fe
> anders   556  0.0  0.0     0    0  p1  Z+   10:08AM   0:00.00 (gnomedb-fe)
>
> Does it work on 4.5?

I just tested it, and it works fine.  I have all the GNOME bits
up-to-date.

One thing I did notice was that oafd and gconfd-1 have a tendency not to
die at logout.  This can cause some problems with apps like gnomedb-fe.
What I've done since I use gdm is to add the following to
/usr/X11R6/etc/gdm/PostSession/Default:

killall oafd >/dev/null 2>&1
killall gconfd-1 >/dev/null 2>&1
killall esd >/dev/null 2>&1

This lets me start clean each time I login.  It also helps when oaf and
gconf get updated.

Joe