Date:      Mon, 14 Aug 2006 18:55:58 +0800
From:      Dinesh Nair <dinesh@alphaque.com>
To:        pyunyh@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Unable to get RealTek 8139C+ to work with re(4) under FreeBSD 6.1

On 08/14/06 18:39 Pyun YongHyeon said the following:
> Recent changes from wpaul disabled re_diag() routine by default so it

i disabled re_diag() in /usr/src/sys/dev/if_re.c, and that caused the
kernel trap to go away, as per my original email. also, see my followup
email (to myself) in which i disabled the check for the 8139C+, forcing it
to be recognized by the rl driver and this seems to make it work.

> However I've seen one user reported re(4) breakage on stable.
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2006-August/027356.html

that seems to be exactly the problem i initially observed as well.

> Please try latest stable and show your results. If it still does not
> work please let us know. I don't have 8139C+ based NICs so it would be

i am on a recent stable, circa two weeks ago as well. have there been
significant changes to the re driver since ?

dinesh@alphaque.com                (0 0)   http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/