Date:      Fri, 26 Feb 1999 01:39:42 +0100
From:      "A.K" <blorb@biosys.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IDE controller?

Hello!

I had problems with hanging installations at "Probing devices". I guess
now I found the problem. I got past the blue screen once but I don't
remember what I did to make it happen (probably I was too happy in that
moment to take notes)
anyway, I found out that the problem is my secondary IDE controller.
wdc1 it is found at boot up and also my CD ROM is found but then when
the blue screen comes up it hangs.
When I disable wdc1 I get past the screen but I can not use my CD
because it is installed on the secondary IDE controller. So what can I
do?
I got past this screen and installed freeBSD once so it has to work
again but I don't know why the secondary IDE controller creates the
crash because it is properly detected....
HELP! please!
Thanks
Alex