Date:      Thu, 31 Aug 2000 11:34:51 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Stephen Hovey <shovey@buffnet.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fixing scsi drives

I rely heavily on my adaptec controller rom's for remapping bad spots on
scsi drives (I know with scsi you can set the bit that is supposed cause a
scsi drive to do that automatically - Ive yet to find a drive that
actually does it though)

I would like unix alternatives - I know there are utilities, like bad144
(which Im not sure is usable with scsi), badsect etc - but the man pages
on them are unclear (they appear more meant as a memory refresher than a
how to to a newbie with them, no example lines for instance). Does anyone
know where I can see a good example of a good utility for this?