Date:      Fri, 27 Jun 2008 08:04:00 -0400
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi+kde@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio@vodafone.com>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org, freetds@lists.ibiblio.org, ale@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: msdblib (Re: Troubles upgrading to freetds-0.82)

On =D0'=D1=D4=CE=C9=C3=D1 27 =DE=C5=D2=D7=C5=CE=D8 2008, ZIGLIO, Frediano, =
VF-IT wrote:
=3D The only things that change using --enable-msdblib or not is a single
=3D header, binary libraries are not affected.

That's not quite true -- the value of settings.msdblib in tds/config.c is=20
affected, for example... Not sure, how important that is, though.

=3D If Sybctl use msdblib just define MSDBLIB. Nothing to recompile or chan=
ge in
=3D FreeTDS!

This means:

	a) the decision must be made when building Sybtcl -- not when using it;
	b) the same Sybtcl-using process can not connect to different types of
	   servers -- I tried and had various strange problems...

Are you saying, this is not supposed to be a problem and that connecting to=
=20
both types of servers should be possible? If so, I'll try again and submit=
=20
bug-reports, if any...

Yours,

	-mi