Date:      Mon, 13 Aug 2001 13:53:11 -0700
From:      "Srinivas Dharmasanam" <the_srinivas@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.2 SMP driver for DiskonChip

Hi,
I'm trying to use the M-Systems', DiskonChip on a Dual PIII SBC running the
SMP FreeBSD4.2 kernel.

However, I get kernel crashes when trying to write to the DiskonChip (on a
4.2FreeBSD SMP kernel on a regular IDE disk) or sometimes even when I try to
reboot from an existing FreeBSD 4.2-SMP system already on the DOC.

It seems lik the DOC driver is not 4.2FreeBSD-SMP compliant. Has anyone
faced this problem already? I will contact the developer of the driver and
also M-Sys about this but please let me know how you address this problem.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
-Srinivas