Date:      Mon, 24 Nov 2014 17:25:45 +1100
From:      Aristedes Maniatis <ari@ish.com.au>
To:        Brian Gardner <openjdk@getsnappy.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: openjdk8 ready for production?

On 24/11/2014 4:54pm, Brian Gardner wrote:
> Oh my goodness, I think I figured out what my problem is and well I’m a total goof.  As part of upgrading to 9.3 I enlisted the help of poudriere for building packages for my environment and in the process my poudriere jail that I thought was running 9.3 was actually running 10.0.  So in short I was doing something stupid and running openjdk8 compiled on 10.0 on 9.3 which explains the core dumps and so much more.  Ignore my previous statement, openjdk8 has been stable for me.

Thanks for this clarification. It is good to hear that at least one user has found it stable. I think I'll start rolling out openjdk8 to our internal systems first and test environments. If that goes well, I'll look at upgrading production systems in the new year.

Is there a timeframe for the validation of FreeBSD Java against the TCK?

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis