Date:      Tue, 2 Jul 1996 07:25:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bill/Carolyn Pechter <pechter@shell.monmouth.com>
To:        gpalmer@freebsd.org (Gary Palmer)
Cc:        FreeBSD-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD-hackers)
Subject:   Re: Dual-booting FreeBSD and Windows95???

> Brandon Gillespie wrote in message ID
> <Pine.BSF.3.91.960630141112.16500A-100000@tombstone.sunrem.com>:
> > If the IBM PS/1 is a microchannel board you may have some serious
> > problems getting FreeBSD working (last I checked Microchannel is not
> > supported, has this changed?).
>
> It hasn't changed, no. I seem to remember several people offering to do
> MCA support over the last 2 odd years, but nothing has ever come of
> it. I would be very surpised if anything was done about MCA support
> in the next year or so, as it isn't very common and is becoming less so.
>
> Gary

Unfortunately, this is so.  I work for IBM now and there's a Ton of
386's I'd be running FreeBSD on if I could get an idea of how to get
Token Ring support and Microchannel support working.  But both are
way beyond me.

The machines are cheap and surplus hardware internally (and just about the
same externally at every used hardware company...

I hear there's folks with Linux up on microchannel and I've got a Compaq
running with Token Ring support under Linux now.

Bill

 Bill Pechter/Carolyn Pechter  | 17 Meredith Drive, Tinton Falls, NJ 07724,
 908-389-3592                  | pechter@shell.monmouth.com
 I'll run Win95 on my box when you pry the keyboard from my cold, dead
 hands.  FreeBSD, OS/2, CP/M, RT11, spoken here.