Date:      Thu, 12 Feb 2004 21:17:27 -0500
From:      Brent Bowman <bbowman@vistacraft.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Install on 486 with floppy reboots after mfsroot

Hello all, I've got a question about the install of the current FreeBSD.

I am using the floppy install, and I dd (I'm a linux user) both the
kern.flp and mfsroot.flp onto floppies, then I follow the instructions
on this site:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install-start.html

I get to the end of step  "2.3.1.1 Booting for the i386™"  where it
tells to boot the kernel and no matter what I do, it just reboots the
computer!  Therefore it looses whatever it tried to put in memory and
starts over again.    How can I get it to go to the kernel setup?

My Hardware:
IBM PS/Valuepoint 486  33MHz
8 MB RAM
2 x 212MB HD