Date:      Mon, 10 Jul 1995 13:08:20 -0600
From:      kelly@fsl.noaa.gov (Sean Kelly)
To:        ache@astral.msk.su
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tar.gz's via cu?

    Andrey> Because ~C isn't cu command.  Moreover tip is a bit
    Andrey> unusable (for me -- completely unusable), it can't handle
    Andrey> 8bit chars properly.

tip in 2.0 was usable for me, but in 2.0.5 it isn't.  Apparantly, in
the function raw(), using termios to put the tty into raw mode doesn't
work ``quite right,'' whereas doing it the old sgtty() way does.  I'll
submit the pr as soon as I can determine what it is that's going
wrong.

--
Sean Kelly
NOAA Forecast Systems Lab, Boulder Colorado USA

Ambition is like a frog sitting on a Venus Flytrap. The flytrap can
bite and bite, but it won't bother the frog because it only has little
tiny plant teeth.  But some other stuff could happen and it would be
like ambition.  -- Jack Handey