Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 2000 13:18:49 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>
Cc:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG, sheldonh@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rc.d and rc.local

--uMPAU7A2Er6+wvsD

Alexander Langer wrote:

> Thus spake Ben Smithurst (ben@FreeBSD.ORG):
>=20
>> ok, here's my first attempt at this.  It's probably a bit rough around
>> the edges, but it might provide a starting point.
>=20
> I like it, however, I'm sure, Sheldon find's some mdoc nits (Cc'd :)
>
> What about HISTORY? "The rc.d bla fubar appeared in .Fx fubar" ?

Yes, I meant to ask about that...

=2ESh HISTORY
The
=2ENm
system first appeared in its current form
=2EPo
with scripts run at both boot time and shutdown time
=2EPc
in
=2EFx 5.0 ,
though it has existed in a more basic form since
=2EFx 2.2 .

This is what I got from the RCS logs of src/etc/rc, but if anyone knows
better...

Also, the .Nd line was shamelessly stolen from rc(8), which should
probably be fixed.  I don't really like the SYNOPSIS either, but rc(8)
does the same sort of thing.

--=20
Ben Smithurst                 / ben@FreeBSD.org / PGP: 0x99392F7D
FreeBSD Documentation Project /