Date:      Wed, 20 Aug 1997 00:36:55 +1000
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        phk@dk.tfs.com, wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.edu
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make world failure

>Argh... the rpcgen-erated RPC header files should be installed before
>librpcsvc is built. It looks like they weren't. I could swear they were
>supposed to be built and installed as part of the includes target.

They are supposed to be, but are no longer installed as part of the
includes target, since `installhdrs' doesn't support SUBDIR'.

Related bogons:

- `make beforeinstall' is (ab)used to install includes.  This worked
  right everywhere except in include/Makefile and lib/libtcl/Makefile.
  It is still broken in lib/libtcl/Makefile.  Something like installhdrs
  should be used everywhere.
- `installhdrs' should be named `includeinstall' to match `maninstall'.

Bruce