Date:      Sat, 5 Feb 2005 20:05:04 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Thomas Kempka <t.kempka@web.de>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Thinkpad 600e  interrupt storm

Matthew N. Dodd <mdodd@freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Feb 2005, Thomas Kempka wrote:
>> Since suspend and hibernate do not seem to work with apm on the TP 600e
>> in RELENG_5 (system freezes, but working on RELENG_5_2) it would be nice
>> if the interrupt throtteling could be fixed.
>
> This can't be correct because I've been using my 600E with -CURRENT for
> the past 3 years.

I did not change any suspend/hibernate specific configuration files
after the upgrade of RELENG_5_2 to RELENG_5, but both stopped working
afterwards.

> There is a problem with the ATA driver (use of tsleep() in resume) that
> requires a patch, and the snd_mss driver doesn't survive a resume (just
> unload the driver when you're not using it).

I use modules for snd and cardbus devices and unload them via rc.suspend
and the TP is running the latest BIOS available at IBM. But it just
freezes during the suspend/hibernate using apm. Suspend on acpi works
fine, I did not test hibernation.

Greets, Thomas Kempka

--
Thomas Kempka