Date:      Sun, 7 Dec 2008 18:43:56 -0500
From:      Charles Darwin <darwinskernel@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   NFS UDP MTU

Hello to you all,

I have a question about sharing a directory over my subnet. I have
users downloading up to 3-4 G per session and obviously speed is
crucial. I am thinking of going with UDP (accuracy is not an issue
here). What is the best way to go about this? Is NFS the right pick?
If so should I use mount_nfs, ar there better utilities available? How
about MTU; do I need to tweak the value for MTU on client machines?
and if so what is the magic number?

Thanks,