Date:      Wed, 17 Oct 2012 09:35:43 -0600
From:      Wynn Wilkes <wynnwilkes@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   9.1-RC2 ixgbe lagg problems

I'm testing out a networking configuration that creates a lagg1
interface that uses lacp with the ix0 and ix1 interfaces. The lagg1
interface I've set up always just reports:
laggport: ix1 flags=18<COLLECTING,DISTRIBUTING>
laggport: ix0 flags=18<COLLECTING,DISTRIBUTING>

Missing the ACTIVE flag that working lagg interfaces report.

The built in ixgbe driver is at version 2.4.8 in the 9.1-RC2 release I
upgraded to. The problem is very similar to this blog post:
http://christopher-technicalmusings.blogspot.com/2012/03/freebsd-90-and-intel-x520s-ixgbe-2311.html

and this mailing list thread:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.os.freebsd.stable/79650

I've tried the 2.4.4 driver from Intel's site, but it still has the
same problems. Is a lagg using lacp with the ix interfaces working for
anyone else?

Thanks