Date:      Mon, 23 Apr 2001 12:25:59 -0400
From:      "Jeroen C. van Gelderen" <jeroen@vangelderen.org>
To:        "Hartmann, O." <ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NFS performance problems

"Hartmann, O." wrote:

> Dear Sirs.
>
> Since yesterday morning, at the time, I did on all of our machines
> running FreeBSD the last cvsupdate, I have massive NFS problems and
> some delays in telnet and other network connections.
>
> This happens to all machines that has been updated. Has this anything
> to do with some TCP changes?

Are you perchance running ipf on your machines? I just
upgraded a couple of my machines to 4.3 and NFS stopped
working. Flushing my ipf firewall rules solves the problem
and so does booting the previous kernel with the same set
of firewall rules works nicely. I'm investigating a bit
more...

Cheers,
Jeroen
--
Jeroen C. van Gelderen - jeroen@vangelderen.org

"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend
  upon the support of Paul."  --  George Bernard Shaw