Date:      Wed, 14 Feb 1996 09:47:42 -0800
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@hpnmhjw.sr.hp.com>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch)
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Warning: SCSI reprobing is hazardous to your health?

> The only known problem is configuring the kernel dump area to a swap
> partition that starts at offset 0 of the disk.  There's an open PR by
> me for it:
>
> [1995/10/26] kern/794      swap partition at offset 0 still broken
>
> The core dump consistently trashes the disklabel in this case.

     Thanks for mentioning this.  I was going to redo my disk
configuration and move the swap area to the beginning of the disk, but I
guess not (I have to replace my root disk, as it's dying).

     -- Darryl Okahata
	Internet: darrylo@sr.hp.com

constitute the support, opinion, or policy of Hewlett-Packard, or of the
little green men that have been following him all day.